Sunday, December 22, 2013

Welcome!

A brand new blog! This is for anyone who has an interest in poetry--writers and readers. It doesn't matter if you are just starting out or an old pro, I want to see you here. I'd like to encourage anyone who wants to, get in touch with me if they wish to do a guest post. I'll get my pages up in a few days, but in the meantime you can contact me at loreleibell4@gmail.com

I hope for this blog to evolve out of the various needs of those of you who stop by. Give me feedback, I'd like to know if what I'm doing here is something you'd like to see more of.

I'm fleshing out ideas about posting the hows of certain types of poetry. I will post my own poems for now, until I get any brave soul who wishes to post their own here. I also suggest that if you are having trouble with writing poems, to not be shy and ask for help. I'm going to try and hunt down poets who are more apt at this than I am. I am more of a fiction writer, but poetry is a way to stretch the writing muscles, try and find some new way of saying something, capturing a feeling, a thought, an idea, etc. in a new way.

Let me know among the famous poets who you enjoy reading, who you want to emulate. I think this will be a fun blog, and I hope people won't be too shy to pull their heads out of the sand and say they'd like to share. I'm a gentle person, I will tell you where you can improve. I do not make fun of anyone's writing.

Poems can be short, they can be long. They can read like prose (prose poems), and do not have to rhyme. I will try and post how such poems came into being/who began the trend. Reading other poet's poems helps the beginner learn how to write, but you need to know more about the subject matter. I'm not exactly a pro, but I'd like to help out.

Hope you will join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment